Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Service covers - Mom's style
914club.com > The 914Club Forums > 914 Resources, Parts and Products
itsa914
UPDATE Jan 2009 Mom has changed to a more thicker style cover. Please see pictures

This is a service cover for a Porsche 914 hand made by my 80 year old mother. This covers both sides of the car from the rear of the doors to the bumper and most of the rear trunk lid. A flap goes over into the engine compartment to help protect the lip edge of the trunk lid and there is a tool pouch also. This is made from black vinyl that has a cloth type backing to it to protect your cars paint. She also made a storage bag for the cover. What can I say, mom has skills! clap56.gif :D

These covers will fit cars with flairs also.

Price is $70 each which includes priority mail shipping in the USA. I will ship anywhere in the world

You can check HERE for testimonials from members on this site that have purchased one.

Since mom doesn't stock these they will be made only per request. I will need the money up front and will have the cover shipped with in two weeks of placing the order.

PM me with your request or post here. Thanks everyone beer.gif
itsa914
Pictures of the cover in use by club members
itsa914
another
itsa914
Last one - with flares
gregrobbins
I bought one and liked it so much that I purchased a second for the mechanic that does all the "stuff" I cant.

GO MOM smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
LOL the first one I bought was for my mechanic, he loves it.. Then I just bought another one for ME>>>>>> smilie_pokal.gif
jim_hoyland
This is a great cover !! Had the car in the local shop for a tune up and that cover protected everything ! Really nice workmanship, good looking, and functional. This is a great way to keep from scratching paint while working in engine area. The bag is a very nice touch too !
campbellcj
I got mine yesterday - great product and thanks for the quick shipping! clap56.gif
Moron Sean
Garold,
Did I buy one from you at the FFC? I can't remember.
greg.treadway
These covers are really great. Stop using shop cloths and makeshift covers - this is the best on the market!! I bought some to carry for sale as well. Mom does some nice work!
itsa914
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 18 2006, 02:25 PM)
Garold,
Did I buy one from you at the FFC? I can't remember.

Nope sad.gif We talked about it but then got side tracked with the activities. driving.gif
carr914
Garold, just thought you would like to know that the 2nd one I got is getting alot of service. I gave to my mechanic for XMAS. He also uses it when working on Boxsters. Let me know if Mom is still planning on a 911 cover. I may buy a few, as I have friends asking me about them.

T.C.
itsa914
QUOTE (carr914 @ Feb 24 2006, 07:59 AM)
Garold, just thought you would like to know that the 2nd one I got is getting alot of service. I gave to my mechanic for XMAS. He also uses it when working on Boxsters. Let me know if Mom is still planning on a 911 cover. I may buy a few, as I have friends asking me about them.

T.C.

Hmm, Boxsters idea.gif
Korijo
at $300 each happy11.gif
itsa914
QUOTE (Korijo @ Feb 24 2006, 05:55 PM)
at $300 each happy11.gif

;) thumb3d.gif
itsa914
icon_bump.gif for Mom wub.gif

I have three covers in stock. Going on ebay on 3/29 get'em here and save $$. :D
BigDBass
Got my service cover from Garold a few days ago. It's as good as I've heard and he shipped super fast. Thanks!
bd1308
Will you bring any to the FFC as Door Prizes? cool_shades.gif
autohausdolby
What a cool idea! I'll buy one when my car has bodywork worth protecting :D
JmuRiz
You still have any of these available? I saw one first hand in use at the ECC.
itsa914
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Sep 25 2006, 10:03 AM) *
You still have any of these available? I saw one first hand in use at the ECC.

Mom has one that she needs to finish making. If you are interested please PM me.
xlchspor
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 13 2006, 07:59 AM) *
This is a service cover for a Porsche 914 hand made by my 77 year old mother. This covers both sides of the car from the rear of the doors to the bumper and most of the rear trunk lid. A flap goes over into the engine compartment to help protect the lip edge of the trunk lid and there is a tool pouch also. This is made from black vinyl that has a cloth type backing to it to protect your cars paint. She also made a storage bag for the cover. What can I say, mom has skills! clap56.gif :D

Price is $70 each which includes priority mail shipping in the USA. I will ship anywhere in the world

You can check HERE for testimonials from members on this site that have purchased one.

Since mom doesn't stock these they will be made only per request. I will need the money up front and will have the cover shipped with in two weeks of placing the order.

Yes Please send me details,I need one asap as my car is being worked on now
xlchspor
Please Oh! Please I need one so badly,My new paint job is taking a beating,My car is down for some repairs and it needs one quickly,Thanks Dennis
itsa914
Dennis I sent you a PM.
xlchspor
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jan 13 2006, 07:59 AM) *
This is a service cover for a Porsche 914 hand made by my 77 year old mother. This covers both sides of the car from the rear of the doors to the bumper and most of the rear trunk lid. A flap goes over into the engine compartment to help protect the lip edge of the trunk lid and there is a tool pouch also. This is made from black vinyl that has a cloth type backing to it to protect your cars paint. She also made a storage bag for the cover. What can I say, mom has skills! clap56.gif :D

xlchspor
Well I thought I would try again and see if these are still available and what the skinny is on ordering ect.Thanks Dennis
itsa914
aktion035.gif

I have two of the NEW style in stock.
zx-niner
Looks like a deal. I PM'd you.
Steve
itsa914
icon_bump.gif for mom.

I do have one more cover in stock.
jcb29
Just received my work cover and it's great! Fits perfectly. Definitely a must have if you do any of your own work. I'm going to take it in with the car when it goes into the shop.
eric9144
Got mine yesterday, this thing is AWESOME! Thanks Garold's Mom! clap56.gif clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.