Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal assembly
914club.com > The 914Club Forums > Concours d'Elegance
heavydriver
Good evening fellows. I have started my resto thread in the garage but I would like some help from the CW's. What is the proper finish for the pedal assembly ? Mine is a little rusty.
Jon Fernandes
Not sure the proper finish, but in one of my 914's I wirewheeled the entire cluster, and painted it satin black.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
Jon is correct. Satin black is the proper finish.
Pat
Pat Garvey
[quote name='Pat Garvey' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:12 PM' post='995491']
Jon is correct. Satin black is the proper finish. Though his assembly looks sorta alien-like.
Pat
heavydriver
Thank you gentlemen.

From what I have been reading on the various threads I hope to be picking your brain quite a bit in the future Mr. Garvey. driving-girl.gif
Mak_Tofs
DV id correct....pm me...... i do have a auto pedal assembly jay
DV thank you...cant wait to read that manuel and find out what some of these parts go to thanks again jay
Dr. 914
WE usually get the pedal assembly powder painted the semi gloss or satin black before reassembly. Powder painting is cheap, looks fantastic and is virtually chip resistant. You can actually send a tub of parts and they will paint all as reasonably as just one or two parts. When we rebuild the 914 engines we have all of the sheetmetal powderpainted and then install a new valve adjustment sticker and new rubber boots and even powder paint the intake runners for the fuel injection then respray them with the powdery zinc spray. The engine ends up looking like concours perfection!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.