Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: 6/27-29 SCCA @ Laguna
914club.com > The 914Club Forums > The Paddock
race914
Hey racers,

I need some help!

I bought a set of Goodyear Cantelever slicks from Roger Kraus and no one here on the California Central Coast can manage to get them mounted correctly on my cookie cutters.

Roger will be at Laguna Seca 6/27 & 6/28 and said he would mount & balance them if I could get them up to him. Free endorsement: After I called Roger about the mounting issues, he has called me twice to see how things are going.... and then offered the mount & balance at the track to meet me half way (he's in Castro Valley & I'm in Nipomo) talk about great service.

Anyone going up to Laguna via Hwy 101 and coming through Nipomo? (Near Pismo Beach)??

I'd be willing to kick in some gas money (or buy you dinner at Jocko's coming home!) if you could run my wheels (4 15x7 cookies) and tires (4 23.0-9.0 x 15s) up to the track, take them to Roger and bring them back... I'd rather support another racer's gas fund than run up on my own just for tire mount & balances.

Any central/so cal racers need gas money or awesome steak?

Greg

Click to view attachment
Randal
Hey racers,

I need some help!

I bought a set of Goodyear Cantelever slicks from Roger Kraus and no one here on the California Central Coast can manage to get them mounted correctly on my cookie cutters.

Roger will be at Laguna Seca 6/27 & 6/28 and said he would mount & balance them if I could get them up to him. Free endorsement: After I called Roger about the mounting issues, he has called me twice to see how things are going.... and then offered the mount & balance at the track to meet me half way (he's in Castro Valley & I'm in Nipomo) talk about great service.

Anyone going up to Laguna via Hwy 101 and coming through Nipomo? (Near Pismo Beach)??

I'd be willing to kick in some gas money (or buy you dinner at Jocko's coming home!) if you could run my wheels (4 15x7 cookies) and tires (4 23.0-9.0 x 15s) up to the track, take them to Roger and bring them back... I'd rather support another racer's gas fund than run up on my own just for tire mount & balances.

Any central/so cal racers need gas money or awesome steak?

Greg

Click to view attachment

We have a guy here in Mountain View that will do it for you in minutes. Probably a bit far for you, but closer than Roger's.

Most of us autox'ers use this place and he is very very reasonable as well. Typically $10-$15 for mount balance.

We all are running either 7" or 8" cookies.

But I'd bet someone at the track could help you as well. Maybe someone can chip in if they know the people down there or local to the track.
Trekkor
Hi Greg, you might check with AIM in Sonoma.
They may actually be at Laguna Fri-Sun for the race weekend.

If so, they will mount and balance for you when you roll in.

KT
Brad Roberts
Greg,

that is a VERY good point.. just have them done at the track. Roger typically shows up to this SCCA event anyway!! If not, Larry the Hoosier guy will be there and he can do them!!

Save your money/gas/time. Have them done at the track.

B
race914
Thanks to all for the replies and info!

Hope to see you guys at the track sometime
race914
Persistence pays off. I found someone locally with experience with the cantelevers.

Thanks again for all of the replies
Borderline
Hey Greg, if you mountin' tires that must be the engine is done? What was the story on it? Rod bearings?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.