Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold - 1972 Porsche 914 Project Car Chalon, For Sale Project Car
FerdinandCorvair
post Aug 19 2018, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,931

1972 Porsche 914 Project Car

This is a project car I was handed by an old friend of my father. I didnít cut the fenders off. I got it that way. The reason was that the Mitcom Chalon body kit was all the rage and my dadís friend had bought that kit. I have it all. Every bit of fiberglass bodywork and the instruction manual (front fenders installed, but that is about it for the kit). When I got it, it was not running but had a bunch of pieces for the planned upgrade on deck. I would say the same is true now, but the ball has been moved substantially downfield. It will take work to get this thing together, but most of the pieces are there and much prep work has been done. At this point it is ready for reassembly and I have some significant upgrades for it from the stock condition. I have been in love with this car for 20 years, but never got it done. Now I am moving across State and it needs a new home. I will tell you what I know about it below, but there is more to it than I can describe. Iím happy to talk about it and have it (and all the stuff that comes with it) seen.

The story is that around 1974 this car was abandoned on the street near the UT campus. My dadís friend got a salvage title on it and drove it for several years. He decided to do a big upgrade that included the Chalon body kit. He never followed through and I got the pieces. A title search of the VIN as if 13Aug18 shows no record. It will need a bonded title when it is up and running and capable of passing safety inspection.

The body (minus the fenders) is in great shape. It is in the original color, which was only one year. The interior is in great shape. I removed the carpet. All the mechanical parts have been stripped out, but I have them.

Highlights:
Engine: RB 6 Covair engine 164 CI (2.7l), bored 30 over, balanced, new pistons, rings, seals, oversized valves, heads refurbished, new push rods and tubes, complete new rebuild, 0 miles, completely modernized w/ performance in mind, spider manifold to accept Holley 4-barrel carb, degreed harmonic balancer

Trans: 911 transaxle, 0 miles, Crown Industries adapter plate to mount to the Corvair engine

Half Shafts: 912

Suspension: KYB high performance dampers (front and rear, rear installed), Autocross springs (I believe they are 600 lbs). Refurbished swing arms, painted with new bushings

Brakes: Front: BMW 3 series, machined to fit 914 hubs, rear stock

Body: Mitcom Chalon body kit partially installed, needs new rear end welded on (non-structural) to complete body kit installation

I have many pictures, spreadsheets, and speculative files on how I was going to build this. Just ask.
Too many parts, both upgrade and original, to list. Please ask.
Here are some pictures as it sits now:

Pictures of 914 Chalon Project Car

Asking $3,000 obo
Attached File(s)
Attached File  20180722_115803.jpg ( 2.32MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  20180722_120043.jpg ( 3MB ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  20180722_120101_HDR.jpg ( 1.67MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  20180722_115811.jpg ( 2.47MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  20180722_120026.jpg ( 1.82MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  20180722_120213_HDR.jpg ( 1.64MB ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  IMG_5738.JPG ( 241.49K ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  IMG_5740.JPG ( 221.05K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 24, 2019 - 10:25 PM