Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Antenna Hole Plug
penp
post Mar 2 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,350

Sometimes it's the little things that drive us all crazy...

I used a 1" "Button Plug" made by Servalite to cover my antenna hole in the fender. Just needs a dab of silicone on the underside lip to hold it down. It's black plastic, so it looks fine on my dark green car.

Servalite part #39008-550934.

At Orchard Supply Hardware, these can be found in the big, multi-shelf bin of miscellaneous indivially-wrapped fittings and hardware (and that lots of place have now, I think the entire unit is actually supplied by Servalite).

Another idea was the plug that's used to fill the hole on the top of a sink for the garbage disposal vent, but these are usually stainless steel, and I wasn't sure if I would also have a sudden urge to install a huge carbon-fiber airfoil as well.

And now that I think about it, what's wrong with having a radio in a race car? In my formula car, I had no choice, so maybe it was just a reflex to not have tunes in the 914, but hell, this car has other stuff my formula car didn't have, like a roof, so why not a radio? Discover that perfect song for the banking at Cal Speedway.... the Corkscrew at Laguna.... Turn 9 at Willow.... catch up on the news while I'm stuck behind that annoying guy in the yellow Alfa that always pass-blocks me from turn 6 to 9 at Willow...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
penp
post Mar 2 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,350

Ok, this is the best I can do on short notice....

Cal Speedway Banking: "Livin on the Edge" – Aerosmith

Laguna Corkscrew: "Going Down" – Jeff Beck Group

Willow Turn 9: "You Spin Me Right Round" – Dead or Alive (90's band that had the dude who looked like a scary chick)

Stuck behind the Alfa: Books on tape: maybe some Elmore Leonard, or some "succeed in business" drivel, or maybe a nice Winston Churchill or Founding Fathers biography. Or a book I've been looking for but cannot find called "How to pass an annoying Alfa that seems to go just fine for most of the race, but every lap slows down to a crawl in the fastest corner and will not let me pass."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: December 19, 2014 - 07:39 PM