Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Window alignment '72 914
Flyover914
post Mar 24 2019, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,629

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum. I'll start off with a question straight away. I hope its in the right place.

I'm having some difficulty getting my windows aligned correctly. The door gaps all seem to be right. Doors open and close solidly as long as the windows are down. With doors closed windows will roll up leaving approximately 1.5 inches from top (both sides) at which point they bind and will not go up any further. With doors open windows will roll all the way up with no binding. There is an adjusting screw at the bottom of the door. It's adjusted to pull the window frames in toward the car as far as possible to align with the A pillars. Is there another adjustment I'm not aware of?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Mar 25 2019, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

Please what year is your car? Both the front and rear channels will adjust in and out, but there may be other problems cocking the window in

QUOTE (Flyover914 @ Mar 24 2019, 08:44 PM) *
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum. I'll start off with a question straight away. I hope its in the right place.

I'm having some difficulty getting my windows aligned correctly. The door gaps all seem to be right. Doors open and close solidly as long as the windows are down. With doors closed windows will roll up leaving approximately 1.5 inches from top (both sides) at which point they bind and will not go up any further. With doors open windows will roll all the way up with no binding. There is an adjusting screw at the bottom of the door. It's adjusted to pull the window frames in toward the car as far as possible to align with the A pillars. Is there another adjustment I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Flyover914
post Mar 25 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #3

My car is a '72 so its using the early style window regulators.

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Mar 25 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #4

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

QUOTE (Flyover914 @ Mar 25 2019, 03:54 PM) *
My car is a '72 so its using the early style window regulators.

so the important thing is to make sure that the front and rear window guides are firmly attached (rear one is on the bottom corner of the glass, front one has four rollers) and that you have the rear window cap installed. Then you can adjust the stainless divider in or out to get perfect alignment with the top seal so that the edge of the front window cap aligns with the seal and the curved part sticks out. Also the rear channel with adjust in and out. The orange car has improper alignment, the red car has proper alignment[attachment=1599
80:IMG_5822.jpg]
Attached File  IMG_5821.jpg ( 919.48K ) Number of downloads: 5

Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_5822.jpg ( 503.85K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
Flyover914
post Mar 31 2019, 04:24 PM
Post #5

Thanks for the info and pictures. That was helpful. Finally had some time this weekend to play around with the adjustment. Driver's side window took about 30 minutes for me to get the hang of the adjustments. Not quite there on that one but very close. The passenger side not so much. I've made some of the same adjustments as I did for the driver's side but I think something else might be going on. It's better than it was but still wouldn't pass the home car wash test. Going to spend a little more time with it to see what I'm missing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2019 - 06:51 AM