Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Steering Wheel Installation
luvatenor
post Feb 15 2019, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,691

I just purchased a Formuling France Steering wheel for my 74' 914 2.0L. Is there a video or instructions describing the installation. I don't want to screw anything up- what confuses me is that there is a contact plate on the factory column with a wire that goes to the factory horn-Do I remove it(wire or plate or both or do I tuck the wire into the column? . The FF steering wheel has it's own wire that goes from the bottom plate of the hub to the FF horn button. Confused-thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Feb 16 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

you must used the steering wheel contact plate from the factory wheel if you want the horn to work, unless the hub already has one installed, then route the wire up through for the horn button.

QUOTE (luvatenor @ Feb 15 2019, 12:54 PM) *
I just purchased a Formuling France Steering wheel for my 74' 914 2.0L. Is there a video or instructions describing the installation. I don't want to screw anything up- what confuses me is that there is a contact plate on the factory column with a wire that goes to the factory horn-Do I remove it(wire or plate or both or do I tuck the wire into the column? . The FF steering wheel has it's own wire that goes from the bottom plate of the hub to the FF horn button. Confused-thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 26, 2019 - 06:29 AM