> 16" 5-lug fuchs under stock fenders
ninefourteener
post Sep 20 2018, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Greetings,

Just curious, I have seen 16" 5-lug fuchs on a stock-fendered 914 that fill the wheelwells nicely, without being too obnoxious. It just looks "good" as it is supposed to.

Upon researching different fuch models... I realized they came in various offsets... and various widths... and then of course, there's the question of choosing the right sized tires.

I don't mind doing a bit of "finessing" on the rear fenders (1/2 to 3/4" is ok... no more though)... I have experience with that.

But would someone mind pointing me in the right direction with regard to F&R width, ET, and a suitable tire size for each to get the look I'm looking for? Possibly even the correct "year" car I should be looking for wheels from? Replica fuchs are ok if thats a better fitting option.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Sep 20 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

6x16 fit right on after converting to the five lug. Boxster 7.5 width wheels fit the stock fender wells with a four to five lug adaptor

QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Sep 20 2018, 02:16 PM) *
Greetings,

Just curious, I have seen 16" 5-lug fuchs on a stock-fendered 914 that fill the wheelwells nicely, without being too obnoxious. It just looks "good" as it is supposed to.

Upon researching different fuch models... I realized they came in various offsets... and various widths... and then of course, there's the question of choosing the right sized tires.

I don't mind doing a bit of "finessing" on the rear fenders (1/2 to 3/4" is ok... no more though)... I have experience with that.

But would someone mind pointing me in the right direction with regard to F&R width, ET, and a suitable tire size for each to get the look I'm looking for? Possibly even the correct "year" car I should be looking for wheels from? Replica fuchs are ok if thats a better fitting option.

+Quote Post
ninefourteener
post Sep 20 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

If I "can" go with a wider width, I'd certainly like to. May I ask what the offsets are on those wheels?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither the front or rear 5-lug conversions will affect the width of the axles (from hub to hub), correct?

With that, are you saying that it's better to use a 4to5 lug "adapter" (which also serves as a spacer) to run wider wheels?

Perhaps I'm getting my terminology backwards... I just want to make sure I understand properly.

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Sep 20 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

the stock wheels are 23 mm offset, so the widest is a 6 inch. If you use a 55mm offset like the Boxster wheels, they sit in so far that you can space them out with an adaptor and fit them (a 7.5) under stock fender wells

QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Sep 20 2018, 03:04 PM) *
If I "can" go with a wider width, I'd certainly like to. May I ask what the offsets are on those wheels?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither the front or rear 5-lug conversions will affect the width of the axles (from hub to hub), correct?

With that, are you saying that it's better to use a 4to5 lug "adapter" (which also serves as a spacer) to run wider wheels?

Perhaps I'm getting my terminology backwards... I just want to make sure I understand properly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 24, 2019 - 10:57 AM