Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New street camshafts, What is out there
jockellis
post Aug 10 2018, 05:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,798

Much has been learned about cam profiles through CAD renderings made by flow technology engineers. Now higher lift cams take the place of long durations of opening.
Have any of you upgraded to a newer street cam when rebuilding your engines. I know that Jake Raby said he wouldn’t re-install one in a T4 he built.
An ME friend of mine told me of s Mini Cooper 1275 rebuild that included making sure all tolerances were correct - BMC not so much - and added a modern cam plus hogging out by 23 cc. The new engine pulled 98 HP instead of 73.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Aug 11 2018, 08:21 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

we find that only the fuel injected cam will work with fuel injection. Nothing else any one has made to date will work and make the fuel injection perform correctly. Too bad would be nice to keep the original configuration of the engine and get more power.

QUOTE (jockellis @ Aug 10 2018, 06:38 PM) *
Much has been learned about cam profiles through CAD renderings made by flow technology engineers. Now higher lift cams take the place of long durations of opening.
Have any of you upgraded to a newer street cam when rebuilding your engines. I know that Jake Raby said he wouldn’t re-install one in a T4 he built.
An ME friend of mine told me of s Mini Cooper 1275 rebuild that included making sure all tolerances were correct - BMC not so much - and added a modern cam plus hogging out by 23 cc. The new engine pulled 98 HP instead of 73.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 25, 2019 - 09:07 AM