Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Engine option ?
Beakster
post Jul 23 2018, 07:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,361

Hey Members ... I'm not sure what engine to go with ... I have two engines one may have 2,0 heads .. Not sure thou ... but was looking to either make a good one out of the two or just look for something else .. I would like something with torque and snapy ..
I was told from the PO that the engine was a 2.0 with dual 44 webbers .. The engine is in the car complete BUT not running and seized .. But I dont think it's a 2.0 .. The other engine is a 1.7 but all in pieces in a box .. So I think my options is to look for another eng to put in the car and maybe swap the carbs if they will work out and aren't too much carb for the engine .. I'm New to the 914 4cyl world .. All my other cars were 911s and a 944.. thanks for all the opinons ..i'm enjoying reading the feedback ... THANKS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Jul 23 2018, 08:04 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

The best engine option is a factory 914 2.0 engine with factory fuel injection, the next a factory 914 2.0 engine with dual 40 weber carbs. 44 carbs are only for racing where you have your foot in it and are driving around red line constantly

QUOTE (Beakster @ Jul 23 2018, 08:45 AM) *
Hey Members ... I'm not sure what engine to go with ... I have two engines one may have 2,0 heads .. Not sure thou ... but was looking to either make a good one out of the two or just look for something else .. I would like something with torque and snapy ..
I was told from the PO that the engine was a 2.0 with dual 44 webbers .. The engine is in the car complete BUT not running and seized .. But I dont think it's a 2.0 .. The other engine is a 1.7 but all in pieces in a box .. So I think my options is to look for another eng to put in the car and maybe swap the carbs if they will work out and aren't too much carb for the engine .. I'm New to the 914 4cyl world .. All my other cars were 911s and a 944.. thanks for all the opinons ..i'm enjoying reading the feedback ... THANKS

+Quote Post
jockellis
post Jul 27 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,798

Doc, are the jets that come with Webers ok or do you recommend larger or smaller jets. I read about John Wyer’s mechanic installing new Webers without checking the jets and burning several pistons. C

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Aug 9 2018, 03:46 PM
Post #4

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

no way he would burn pistons. The 40s when purchased out of the box work great on stock or even slightly big bore engines when driven normally.

Obviously for constant high rpm racing or high high altitude adjustments to the idle main and chokes need to be made

QUOTE (jockellis @ Jul 27 2018, 09:35 PM) *
Doc, are the jets that come with Webers ok or do you recommend larger or smaller jets. I read about John Wyer’s mechanic installing new Webers without checking the jets and burning several pistons. C

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 21, 2019 - 12:16 PM