Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Keeping up a good front
jockellis
post Feb 3 2019, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,798

Iím sure this question has been asked and answered many times in 1,195 pages but it one is going to put a jackstand under a front donut, where should the floor jack be oushing the car upward?
Also, it looking at the sheet metal above the steering mechanism I find done light surface rust - California car. Is there an easier way of eliminating this than taking the steering off ? It looks like some hand sanding will be called for.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Feb 4 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

DEAD CENTER under the front cross member

rack and pinion cover must come off for sandblasting and power painting. NOT conventional paint

QUOTE (jockellis @ Feb 3 2019, 05:48 PM) *
Iím sure this question has been asked and answered many times in 1,195 pages but it one is going to put a jackstand under a front donut, where should the floor jack be oushing the car upward?
Also, it looking at the sheet metal above the steering mechanism I find done light surface rust - California car. Is there an easier way of eliminating this than taking the steering off ? It looks like some hand sanding will be called for.

+Quote Post
jams4dad
post Feb 4 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,884

Please forgive my ignorance, DR914, what's power painting and how is it different from spraying conventional automotive paint?

QUOTE (Dr. 914 @ Feb 4 2019, 09:05 AM) *
DEAD CENTER under the front cross member

rack and pinion cover must come off for sandblasting and power painting. NOT conventional paint

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: June 18, 2019 - 05:15 PM