IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> three things that make the 72 unique, different than all of the rest of the years
Dr. 914
post Jun 8 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

any one know what they are?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 8 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Group: SuperMod
Member No.: 18,200

Not sure if these are all of them, or even the correct ones you're asking about, but here goes:

1. Only MY with only one sub-model/engine configuration available - the 1.7L 914/4.

2. Only MY with a "tweaked" tail-shifter transaxle - better shifting than the 7--71 but not as good as the 73-76 side-shifters.

3. Only MY with "Perforated" leatherette seat inserts - all others had basketweave, brickweave or smooth in `71.

Also `72 was the first MY with an adjustable passenger seat & shortened floor pan with more angled front wall/foot rest (& deleting the earlier 70-71 "dog-bone" loose footrest used with the fixed Passenger seat), added dash air vents at L & R sides with shorter glovebox, & I think it was when they switched to the wind-up jacks. There are probably a few others which I'm forgetting offhand right now.

Cheers!
Tom
///////

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Jun 9 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #3

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

QUOTE (Tom_T @ Jun 8 2015, 11:42 PM) *
Not sure if these are all of them, or even the correct ones you're asking about, but here goes:

good but no 1. Only MY with only one sub-model/engine configuration available - the 1.7L 914/4.

no same as early 70 71 2. Only MY with a "tweaked" tail-shifter transaxle - better shifting than the 7--71 but not as good as the 73-76 side-shifters.

no same as 73-74 models 3. Only MY with "Perforated" leatherette seat inserts - all others had basketweave, brickweave or smooth in `71.

somewhat close, but not specific on how it is different that before and after

Also `72 was the first MY with an adjustable passenger seat & shortened floor pan with more angled front wall/foot rest (& deleting the earlier 70-71 "dog-bone" loose footrest used with the fixed Passenger seat), added dash air vents at L & R sides with shorter glovebox, & I think it was when they switched to the wind-up jacks. There are probably a few others which I'm forgetting offhand right now.

Cheers!
Tom
///////

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 22, 2019 - 09:50 AM