Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engines/Trans, Engine and Transmission Swapping
marquise_santiag...
post Mar 12 2015, 02:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,929

Dear 914 Enthusiasts,
I am looking for information for my father as to what different years of engines and transmissions he can put in a 1975 914 1.8. I am sure there is literature on this and if anyone can direct me to it I would greatly appreciate it. I gave my father my 914 approximately 25 years ago and he has been enjoying it ever since. He just turned 87 last month and I am trying to show him how to search the web and use the computer but I only get to visit him in Puerto Rico once a year. There is currently only 1 other 914 on the island that he has seen. Currently he is looking to purchase a rebuilt transmission because his took a dump. He is also interested in swapping the manual transmission to an automatic one since now it is harder for him to drive the stick. If it is possible to do so he will convert it and if not he will replace the manual one. He wants to keep the 914 alive because whenever he takes it for a spin he is stopped and asked if they can take pictures of the 914 with of course the one taking the pictures to be in it.
I appreciate any and all information on these subjects. Thank you all for your help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WFG
post Mar 18 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #2

Group: SuperMod
Member No.: 5,243

I would have the engine rebuilt A lot of us can do that including our
site host Auto Atlanta. I think there is a shop or person in Puerto Rico that has a shop
and a few 914s and about 200 VWs
William
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: January 17, 2019 - 11:45 PM