Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Engine conversion, 4age engine swap
alltracfreak
post Jan 8 2015, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,529

Hey everyone I'm a new member and looking into purchasing a 914 roller and I have a Toyota 20 valve 4age engine that I'm building. My question is do they sell a conversion kit for my engine with mounts, trans adapter and flywheel? And my goal is 500 wheel horsepower with a 8k rpm redline so which transmission would best suit my application? Would i need any chassis modifications for this power level?

Thanks for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jockellis
post Mar 4 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 21,798

Never heard of a Toyota engine going in a 914 but some of the people here who have shoehorned V8s into them could probably give you a starting point. Chassis mods? Are you a fast driver or just like to know you have it back there? These cars were made for less than 100 hp.

+Quote Post
frankist
post Mar 22 2015, 02:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,108

How are you getting a 20v to make 500hp? I dont think a 901 will last long if youre going to be shifting like I think you might. Kenndy should have an adapter, you'll have to fabricate your own mounts.

+Quote Post
Nickienelson
post Nov 27 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 31,970

I've never had a good experience with Toyota somehow, the last time I was stuck with a rental car in the mountains in Greece, had to wait for the company to come and get the car repaired, this was the moment when you really appreciate to be back to you lovely
apartment in Athens, back to civilization! They did change the car after talking to my insurance agent, but I won't deal with this car rental company again.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: June 24, 2019 - 02:46 PM