Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front & Rear Bumpers, All years
Malcolm2
post Jan 3 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,520

QUOTE (oakpark @ Nov 6 2011, 11:43 PM) *
The front bumper cap/cover/crown rubber piece on my '73 is in good shape however it looks a little rough, like the one on the red rust 914 above.
Any suggestions for restoring the component other than Armorall?
Thank you for your suggestions.

I do use armorall to restore the look on my bumper caps, but put it on with a sponge. You'd be surprised how black the sponge gets from taking off dirt and what I would guess is oxidized rubber. I replaced both bumper tops about 20 years ago and they still look great after twice a year armorall. Hope that helps.

I am a bit late to this post, but I use some AWESOME stuff that kills armor-all. It ain't cheap, but it is AWESOME. 303 Aerospace Protectorant. I use it on my Ski Nautique, inside and on the hull. It protects and even repells dirt. On the car I use it on my tires, dash, convertible top (not 914), any vinyl or rubber etc.... They will send you free samples (you pay the shipping $7) at the link below...then buy a GALLON.

They have a cleaner too.

http://www.303products.com/shop303/index.c...&page_id=34

Clark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Oct 18 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765

Check out 914rubber.com.

Mark Whitesell had reprofuced MANY NLA rubber parts, and his bumper tops are the best! Stainless, rather than ferrous metal supports and the finish is great!

I bought F&R tops even though I don't currently need the, as well as numerous other repro rubber pieces.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2019 - 08:15 AM