IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seat adjusters, Left, right or one of each?
jockellis
post Aug 17 2019, 08:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,798

Took Rusty’s seats out - not bolted in - to get to the firewall and found both seats had the adjustment handles on the right side. Been 40 years since I had a ‘73 and remember little about it. Can someone tell me?
While I’m at it I might note that I have just about everything I need for the front end except shocks. I also need a spray can of the paint color - the Irish Post office’s recently discarded Pantone 363 - so I can redo - hopefully - what had happened in the steering box alcove due to a lacking cover. A forum member is sending it to me now.
Our benefactor has provided Turbo tie rods, ball joints, M21 torsion bars and Weltmeister sway bar so I am in pretty good shape there. Now to overcome procrastination and jobs around the house that need doing, not to mention putting the oil pump gear back on the 944.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Aug 17 2019, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

the seat loops both go on the inside at the center tunnel, this allows for the seats to lock in place correctly

QUOTE (jockellis @ Aug 17 2019, 08:56 AM) *
Took Rusty’s seats out - not bolted in - to get to the firewall and found both seats had the adjustment handles on the right side. Been 40 years since I had a ‘73 and remember little about it. Can someone tell me?
While I’m at it I might note that I have just about everything I need for the front end except shocks. I also need a spray can of the paint color - the Irish Post office’s recently discarded Pantone 363 - so I can redo - hopefully - what had happened in the steering box alcove due to a lacking cover. A forum member is sending it to me now.
Our benefactor has provided Turbo tie rods, ball joints, M21 torsion bars and Weltmeister sway bar so I am in pretty good shape there. Now to overcome procrastination and jobs around the house that need doing, not to mention putting the oil pump gear back on the 944.

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Aug 17 2019, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34,331

This is the kind of info that manuals don't tell me.

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Aug 17 2019, 10:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 34,331

Good to know...

+Quote Post
jockellis
post Aug 18 2019, 06:13 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 21,798

QUOTE (mcericmc @ Aug 17 2019, 11:21 AM) *
Good to know...

As it turned out, I had one seat upside down cleaning it and got bumfuzzled. I did have left and right. One seat is pretty good though I am not looking at them and don’t remember which. If I get a racing seat and need to use the good seat for the passenger can I switch the rail assemblies?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 22, 2019 - 03:18 AM