Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speedo Drive Set Screw Insert
vlindell
post Jul 31 2019, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,394

Changed out the speedo drive gear and botched up the 13mm set screw. While screwing the set screw back in it went easily then about half way in it became more difficult to turn. I proceeded and it turned to easily. I backed it all the way out and the spring/insert came out with the bolt. Some of the threads on the set screw are ruined. I ordered a new set screw, spring/insert and Auto Atlanta's Speedo Drive Set Screw Insert. Could someone give me pointers on how to proceed using this Speedo Drive Set Screw Insert and get everything back together again. Pictured if uploaded is the set screw insert from Auto Atlanta.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Set_Screw_Insert.jpg ( 10.07K ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Jul 31 2019, 08:42 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

you would unscrew the old insert, then screw in the new one and trim shorter as necessary, then screw in the new set screw

QUOTE (vlindell @ Jul 31 2019, 07:18 AM) *
Changed out the speedo drive gear and botched up the 13mm set screw. While screwing the set screw back in it went easily then about half way in it became more difficult to turn. I proceeded and it turned to easily. I backed it all the way out and the spring/insert came out with the bolt. Some of the threads on the set screw are ruined. I ordered a new set screw, spring/insert and Auto Atlanta's Speedo Drive Set Screw Insert. Could someone give me pointers on how to proceed using this Speedo Drive Set Screw Insert and get everything back together again. Pictured if uploaded is the set screw insert from Auto Atlanta.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2019 - 08:52 PM