Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 1.7 floods out, 914 1,7 floods out before starting
markg914
post Jul 28 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,383

My 914 1.7 floods out before it will start. I unplugged the temperature sensor and jumper wired the lead to the negative side of the battery per George's suggestion. It didn't seem to help. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Jul 29 2019, 08:25 AM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

Have you checked the fuel pressure and checked to make sure that you are getting spark when you first crank the car?

QUOTE (markg914 @ Jul 28 2019, 02:43 PM) *
My 914 1.7 floods out before it will start. I unplugged the temperature sensor and jumper wired the lead to the negative side of the battery per George's suggestion. It didn't seem to help. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

+Quote Post
markg914
post Jul 29 2019, 05:29 PM
Post #3

I checked the fuel pressure and it's just about 30 psi and the spark appears to be fine. I can disable the fuel pump and spray fuel into the throttle valve and then it will run. Any thing else i could try?

QUOTE (Dr. 914 @ Jul 29 2019, 07:25 AM) *
Have you checked the fuel pressure and checked to make sure that you are getting spark when you first crank the car?

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Jul 30 2019, 07:43 AM
Post #4

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

so are you sure that it is flooding? If so you should be able to unplug and plug the fuel pump relay and keep it running, as denied fuel the engine burns off the excess and then you can plug it in again to give it more fuel
When did this begin to occur? The head temp sensor is a wire that comes out of the sheetmetal in front of the right rear cylinder, that is the one that you disconnected, stuffed a wire in the harness, and ran to the negative terminal, correct?

QUOTE (markg914 @ Jul 29 2019, 05:29 PM) *
I checked the fuel pressure and it's just about 30 psi and the spark appears to be fine. I can disable the fuel pump and spray fuel into the throttle valve and then it will run. Any thing else i could try?

+Quote Post
markg914
post Jul 30 2019, 05:58 PM
Post #5

That's the wire I disconnected and hooked to the negative side of the battery. i will try the fuel pump regulator and see what happens. Thank you.

QUOTE (Dr. 914 @ Jul 30 2019, 06:43 AM) *
so are you sure that it is flooding? If so you should be able to unplug and plug the fuel pump relay and keep it running, as denied fuel the engine burns off the excess and then you can plug it in again to give it more fuel
When did this begin to occur? The head temp sensor is a wire that comes out of the sheetmetal in front of the right rear cylinder, that is the one that you disconnected, stuffed a wire in the harness, and ran to the negative terminal, correct?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2019 - 08:07 PM