Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trunk shocks, Trunk shocks instead of springs
mcericmc
post Dec 7 2018, 11:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,331

I'm thinking about putting shocks in the front and back trunks on my 914. What is the best way to insure they pop open when the trunk release is activated? Is there anything aftermarket out there or will I need to fab something? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Dec 8 2018, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Dr. 914

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20,846

no way, too many holes drilled, strains the lids, makes the top harder to put in the rear, ruins the value of the car, rear torsion bars for the lid work very well and the front hood springs work great in the front and both are simple

QUOTE (mcericmc @ Dec 8 2018, 12:47 AM) *
I'm thinking about putting shocks in the front and back trunks on my 914. What is the best way to insure they pop open when the trunk release is activated? Is there anything aftermarket out there or will I need to fab something? Thanks.

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Dec 11 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #3

The rear torsion bars for the rear lid are missing. Prior owner must have removed them.

no way, too many holes drilled, strains the lids, makes the top harder to put in the rear, ruins the value of the car, rear torsion bars for the lid work very well and the front hood springs work great in the front and both are simple

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Dec 12 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #4

Dr. 914

there are plenty of used ones available, just get the two rods the four clamps and the nuts and you will be all set

QUOTE (mcericmc @ Dec 11 2018, 10:07 PM) *
The rear torsion bars for the rear lid are missing. Prior owner must have removed them.

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Dec 12 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Dr. 914 @ Dec 12 2018, 10:29 AM) *
there are plenty of used ones available, just get the two rods the four clamps and the nuts and you will be all set

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Dec 12 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #6

Do you have any good used parts at Auto Atlanta? The rods, clamps and wheels are missing. I think on your web site exploded diagram, the rods are called rotary slides and the wheels are called rollers. My 914 is a 1974 with a 1.8 liter engine. I'm also wondering if you sell the sound absorber pieces for the floor in a kit...

Another question would be, how do I install the torsion bars without killing myself or losing a finger?

+Quote Post
Dr. 914
post Dec 13 2018, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Dr. 914

yes we have all of that, including the die cut floor pan pieces, and the trunk hinge rod installation is easy with the tool and a 10mm socket and ratchet wrrench

QUOTE (mcericmc @ Dec 12 2018, 10:29 PM) *
Do you have any good used parts at Auto Atlanta? The rods, clamps and wheels are missing. I think on your web site exploded diagram, the rods are called rotary slides and the wheels are called rollers. My 914 is a 1974 with a 1.8 liter engine. I'm also wondering if you sell the sound absorber pieces for the floor in a kit...

Another question would be, how do I install the torsion bars without killing myself or losing a finger?

+Quote Post
mcericmc
post Dec 13 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #8

Thanks. I'll be getting in touch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 25, 2019 - 04:36 AM