2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFO II tomarrow
Evan Fullerton
post Feb 2 2010, 03:00 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,285

So not Dennis Connors' Stars and Stripes of 80's America's Cup fame? Either way that is awesome, I am far too small to be a grinder and not nearly experienced enough to be much else on big race boat. I had an internship with Morelli and Melvin who were on the team that built the Catamaran for Connors and then started their own company and were the ones that built Play Station for Steve Fossett, man was that a fun place to hang out. My biggest racing sailboat claim to fame was going for a day sail on Roy Disney's Pyewacket. Now that is a crazy crazy boat. With the keel fully canted over, the bulb surfaces when healing and it has a rudder/trim tab on the bow that is independently controllable from the main aft rudder to mitigate weather helm. There are so many neat and interesting things about that boat I could go on forever. It is really sad that both Roy and Steve are no longer with us.

I was fortunate enough that from age 8-11, my family and I lived on our sail boat in Mexico. That was an experience I will never forget and am so grateful that my parents took my sister and I on. When we got back, I too moved up to a Laser and raced that every summer from when I was 12-17, taught sailing lessons, and ran our small local yacht club (BIYC) and then well cars kida took over there and I don't get out on the water much anymore other than at work where I park boats. If any of you are down this way though let me know as my family still keeps an Erickson 25+ at my grandparent's house for those rare times when a dash over to Catalina Island for the weekend sounds like a good idea. I think it only left the dock a couple times last year and is thus very underutilized; I need more reasons to take it out.

I may be only 19 now but the life experiences my parents have provided for me have been truly extraordinary.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Feb 2 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #22

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Ha, I racing a Hobie 16' when was growing up....

-Britain

+Quote Post
914Magazine
post Feb 2 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 14,975

I raced my big sister to the bathroom once when I was 5. She stuck her elbow in my eye and slammed me into the wall so hard the dent is still in my skull, I think. So, that was the last time I tried that. I remember it vividly.

+Quote Post
RAD2LTR
post Feb 3 2010, 03:17 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 15,488

You guys were looking good. The car sounds fantastic. I was not that fast, the free Street TDs either never got up to temp, or are going away. I need to get those slicks on the car to contend with Dennis in Ep.

I did get some in car footage if anyone wants to see just how tight the box slalom was. I was working that part of the course with Bill and we saw so many people kill the same couple cones it was almost funny. I'm not really sure how I managed to not kill any in that section.

Will

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Feb 3 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #25

deactivated user

Member No.: 433

Well not the best showing but hey with cars/drivers running there we did OK. Finished mid pack in XP. 16 OA and 23 OA. Thanks Bill for kicking that cone on your fastest run. Most importantly we beat all the D Mod buggies! Thats really all I care about

On the right course we know we can beat at least one of those Evo's - Looks like the other fast evo took us up on the invite to run XP so XP is going to be very fun indeed this season.

Results:

http://www.norcalufo.org/main/attachments/...Jan-31-2010.pdf

+Quote Post
Borderline
post Feb 3 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 3,577

That CP Camaro had a 60.35!! and just behind Vic with his 59.15. Vic ran for Fun and I figure he chose his run group to run in the warm part of the day. the Camaro ran with us when it started cooling off. Actually they had a problem and came back and did their best runs in the last run group....even colder.

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Feb 3 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #27

deactivated user

That CP Camaro had a 60.35!! and just behind Vic with his 59.15. Vic ran for Fun and I figure he chose his run group to run in the warm part of the day. the Camaro ran with us when it started cooling off. Actually they had a problem and came back and did their best runs in the last run group....even colder.

That car makes 650 hp and it puts it to the pavement. He was saying battery died. He said battery usually lasts 8 runs. Apparently they dont run alternator?

Interesting note he was saying he is considering a 914 to build into an AX car. He asked me if I still had my car. If he jumps into 914 we will see true AX expert developing a very fast 914 platform!

Forgot to mention Sheilah now wants a buggy to ax.

+Quote Post
Borderline
post Feb 3 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (grantsfo @ Feb 3 2010, 06:24 PM) *

That car makes 650 hp and it puts it to the pavement. He was saying battery died. He said battery usually lasts 8 runs. Apparently they dont run alternator?

Interesting note he was saying he is considering a 914 to build into an AX car. He asked me if I still had my car. If he jumps into 914 we will see true AX expert developing a very fast 914 platform!

Forgot to mention Sheilah now wants a buggy to ax.

Yeah, I could see Sheilah in a buggy. Then you will need a looong trailer to get both cars to the track. Maybe she could warm the tires for Greg? I still think it would be fun to build a mid-engine buggy with some real suspension.

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Feb 4 2010, 12:10 AM
Post #29

deactivated user

QUOTE (Borderline @ Feb 3 2010, 08:36 PM) *
Yeah, I could see Sheilah in a buggy. Then you will need a looong trailer to get both cars to the track. Maybe she could warm the tires for Greg? I still think it would be fun to build a mid-engine buggy with some real suspension.

Know of any cheap mid engine platforms?

+Quote Post
Evan Fullerton
post Feb 4 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #30

Fiero (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Feb 4 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #31

I do things...

Group: Subscriber
Member No.: 1,413

Know of any cheap mid engine platforms?

Formula Vee.

KT

+Quote Post
Evan Fullerton
post Feb 4 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #32

Shifter Cart (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) but probably not what your wife was thinking.

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Feb 4 2010, 03:40 AM
Post #33

deactivated user

NO it has to be a buggy. She likes fiberglass and the aircooled VW power.

+Quote Post
Borderline
post Feb 4 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (grantsfo @ Feb 4 2010, 12:40 AM) *
NO it has to be a buggy. She likes fiberglass and the aircooled VW power.

Then, get her a buggy. I'd bet Greg could line you up with one. can't be too expensive. They're simple and still have plenty of parts available. Of course you realize it would be Sheilah's car. No way you'd fit. I barely fit in Greg's buggy and the pedals are too close to be able to drive it.

With all these race cars, I'd build a garage too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Feb 4 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #35

deactivated user

QUOTE (DanT @ Feb 4 2010, 07:52 AM) *
Beck 550 Spyder (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
fiberglass, midengine, VW power (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

There we go! That would be same class as buggies too!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2019 - 06:18 AM