Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Running engine out of car, What connections needed
damnfiknow
post Feb 3 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,032

Pulled engine/trans unit from '73, 1.7 to remove FI system for carb. Living in the Southwest, I decided to not go back with hot air arrangement. Sure makes for a nice clean apperaing engine. I want to test run the unit before I return it to its natural place. I can handle the fuel pump with direct wire from battery. I know the connections to bridge to get starter to work, but thats about it. How do I conect the coil/distributor to send spark to plugs? Straight postive to starter ??? and neg to the engine case?? Help please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PorVdub
post Feb 3 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

hhok up starter as normal. positve to solinoid, ground the tranny case, and use a 12 positive momnetray signal on the start terminal, that will get it to spin when you touch the start signal wire to the terminal. you couldl also buy a remote start momentary switch.

the coil would be hooked up same as on car. negitive to neg side of coil, and hot positive to pos side of coil. the positve wire woudl be a switched on, so you can turn it on and off.

good luck

PS why are you needing to test out of car??? uusaly i just put them in and see how they run

good luck

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Feb 3 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 17,252

I ask the same question not to long ago. I need to check for oil leaks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 20, 2019 - 01:28 AM