Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Restoration Design, New ownership, improved customer service
peteyd
post Aug 22 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,512

New ownership and management.
My father, brother and I will be taking charge of the new company, Restoration Design Inc. and it's daily activites. We drive Porsches and we know Porsches. We know that the customer service/support of the former owner has been lacking and we will strive to improve. Please be patient with us as we move to and set up in a new and modern facility, which should take 2/3 weeks. We will endeavour to ship your parts in a timely fashion, and please do not hesitate to call during business hours if you have questions. Please continue to look at the same website for updates, changes and new parts which we will be adding over time. Looking forward to restoring and building new and lasting relationships in the future.

Thanks

Peter, Mike, and Alex DeJonge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mikez
post Aug 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Love you long time.....

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (peteyd @ Aug 22 2009, 05:10 PM) *
My father, brother and I will be taking charge of the new company, Restoration Design Inc. and it's daily activites. We drive Porsches and we know Porsches. We know that the customer service/support of the former owner has been lacking and we will strive to improve. Please be patient with us as we move to and set up in a new and modern facility, which should take 2/3 weeks. We will endeavour to ship your parts in a timely fashion, and please do not hesitate to call during business hours if you have questions. Please continue to look at the same website for updates, changes and new parts which we will be adding over time. Looking forward to restoring and building new and lasting relationships in the future.

Thanks

Good for you. Hope it works out..will you guys answer the phone... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

+Quote Post
reno rs
post Aug 23 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,143

QUOTE (peteyd @ Aug 22 2009, 04:10 PM) *

Thanks

Exciting! I've been hesitant to order parts for my 914 and 912 based on the feedback I've heard but it seems like you aim to change that. Good luck!

Will the new facility be in the states?

Cheers,

Matt

+Quote Post
peteyd
post Aug 23 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (reno rs @ Aug 22 2009, 09:11 PM) *

Thanks

Exciting! I've been hesitant to order parts for my 914 and 912 based on the feedback I've heard but it seems like you aim to change that. Good luck!

Will the new facility be in the states?

Cheers,

Matt

We are excited to get rolling too! The new facility will be based in Ontario, Canada. This should not be a problem for US customers because we will be sending NAFTA certificates with the shippments therefore eliminating duty costs.

We look forward to doing business

Peter

+Quote Post
peteyd
post Aug 23 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (mikez @ Aug 22 2009, 08:22 PM) *

Thanks

Good for you. Hope it works out..will you guys answer the phone... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

We will do our utmost to improve the customer service side of the business. This will no longer be a one man show, and there will be dedicated people to answer phones and take orders.

Cheers,

Peter

+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Aug 23 2009, 04:51 PM
Post #6

914 GOD

Member No.: 8

Peter,

I created a "Vendors Area" for you to help better address some of the concerns instead of them being scattered throughout the main forum. This is a hardcore group of dedicated RD customers who just need some hand holding for a few months as you get up to speed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Please contact me when you get a chance!!

B

+Quote Post
peteyd
post Aug 23 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Aug 23 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Peter,

I created a "Vendors Area" for you to help better address some of the concerns instead of them being scattered throughout the main forum. This is a hardcore group of dedicated RD customers who just need some hand holding for a few months as you get up to speed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

B

Thankyou Brad,

My Father, brother and I will be headed to Michigan for the week to start moving everything to the new location. I will be in touch with you when we return.

Peter

+Quote Post
PorVdub
post Aug 31 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

QUOTE (peteyd @ Aug 23 2009, 08:39 PM) *
Peter,

B

Thankyou Brad,

My Father, brother and I will be headed to Michigan for the week to start moving everything to the new location. I will be in touch with you when we return.

Peter

keep using heavy gauge metal, that rocks!!!! the 356 C battery floor is nice, maybe you can repo the round hole plugs that are on the original floors? (also used on floor pan and under rear seats) I think you could sell them, and they should be easy to repo.

keep up the good stuff!!!!!!!!!!

happy moving!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
JazonJordan
post Feb 1 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 18,710

Any progress updates anyone? How are things looking in this corner? (thanks-)

QUOTE (peteyd @ Aug 22 2009, 08:10 PM) *

Thanks

+Quote Post
draganc
post Feb 2 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 19,488

Absolute great quality products at decent prices, but very slow - at least for my taste.

RD confirmed my order via email within a couple of hours, however, after 5 days waiting RD was not able to provide information when my order would ship and how much shipping would cost.
Some constitutive criticism for RD: If you order anything online, you (at least me) are very much dependent about getting timely information:

1) Order confirmation (price and availability)
2) Order has been packed
3) Order has been shipped
4) Provide shipping information (AWB)

My 2 cents.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post Feb 24 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (draganc @ Feb 1 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Absolute great quality products at decent prices, but very slow - at least for my taste.

RD confirmed my order via email within a couple of hours, however, after 5 days waiting RD was not able to provide information when my order would ship and how much shipping would cost.
Some constitutive criticism for RD: If you order anything online, you (at least me) are very much dependent about getting timely information:

1) Order confirmation (price and availability)
2) Order has been packed
3) Order has been shipped
4) Provide shipping information (AWB)

My 2 cents.

Any updates?

+Quote Post
sww914
post Feb 27 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 6,146

I got a set of 911 floor pans from RD at the end of last year. They said 2-3 weeks, they came in 2.5 weeks. Great price, excellent quality. Thanks RD!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 20, 2019 - 08:28 PM